Hey There. Can’t believe its May already. Where has time gone? Soon it will be June and kids will start school. Parents would be gearing up for school schedule and its routine. Especially mothers would have those small tips and tricks and plans ready for school days. While it is important to keep in mind kids taste it is equally important to feed them healthy food. Paneer is an excellent source of protein. Indians are very well known for their parathas. There are so many varieties of stuffings for parathas. One such stuffing is paneer. Makes a great breakfast and tiffin recipe. Right away make this Protein packed Paneer Paratha.
This is a quick weekday curry. Ideal for rotis/phulkas. When we hear creamy we always relate to the involvement of cream in a dish. But it not necessarily be so.
Cauliflower when blended is creamy in nature. That is why cauliflower soup is creamy and need not require additional cream. I have made use of this property of cauliflower to create this healthy and quick curry.
Cauliflower Florets – 10-12
Paneer Cubes – 6-8
Ghee – 1 tblspn
Onion – 1 medium
Tomato – 2 small
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tblspn
Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Powder – 1/4 tsp
Kasuri Methi – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1 tblspn
Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the paneer cubes till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In a blend together onion and tomato to make a paste.
- In a kadai, heat oil.
- Once oil is hot saute the onion-tomato paste.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute.
- Saute till the onion-tomato paste is cooked well and starts leaving the sides of the kadai.
- Add the chilli, coriander, garam masala and fennel powder and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and add the cauliflower florets. Add salt, increase the flame and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the flame and close and cook till cauliflower is tender.
- Now take a few cooked cauliflower florets in a blender and blend till you get a smooth paste.
- Transfer it back to the kadai and mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes and coat well with the gravy.
- Lastly add kasuri methi and serve hot.
Till next time take care.