Hello There. I know its been a while since I posted something. But to speak frankly I am super busy these days. There are increased number of professional and personal commitments. But I am not complaining. I love being busy. I love not having idle time. Only thing that I hate is missing out on mother-son time. But nevertheless I catch up on it.
To write today’s content I was wondering how many carrot dishes I have in my blog. And I was surprised since there are many. There is a cake, chutney, sabji, halwa, idli. In all of these carrot if the hero.
Well this is also carrot dish. More like a snack. When I am at home I make an attempt to make fresh, hot and healthy dishes. Most of the time having healthy food from office is next to impossible. Or else you need to pack it and eat it cold. So I focus to eat healthy food whenever at home.
Like many kids (and me ) my son is also fussy about carrots. If it is there in a spoon of pulav he will remove that carrot and eat only the rice. Now I am an ardent fan of MasterChef. In MasterChef Australia almost all the seasons contestants bring up dishes that has honey roasted baby carrots or beets. I thought well, so what if we don’t get baby carrots. We get carrots right. So I prepped up the carrot sticks and made this yummy snack.
I bet your kids will love it too. It has soft interior and crispy skin.
Thin Carrot Sticks – 1 cup
Honey – 2 tblspn
Butter – 2 tblspn (If it is for you and you are health conscious then replace butter with olive oil)
Pepper Powder – a pinch
Dried Mixed herbs – a pinch (Optional)
Salt to taste
- Drop carrot sticks in salted boiling water and cook till tender. Drain and keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan add butter and honey and mix well.
- Add the carrot sticks and mix well till the honey butter is coated well on carrots.
- Roast it on low flame and occasional stirring till a nice glaze is visible on carrot sticks.The liquid sauce will be gone as the sauce will stick to the carrots.
- Adjust salt and add pepper powder.
- Add mixed herbs and mix well.
I am sure this will be a hit with your kids too. Do let me know how it turned out for you.