Hello There, you food lovers. I love being connected to various food lovers, chefs, home cooks and food bloggers across the world. This journey has given me a chance to know lots of wonderful people, new techniques, tips and methods. One such awesome blogger is Ria and I love her blog. This recipe is from her blog. I have made my twists and it is a keeper recipe. But yes if you are against deep frying then this recipe is not for you. Still I would insist you try it at least once.
Chicken- 1/2 kg
Onions – 4-5 medium
Tomatoes – 2 big
Ginger- Garlic Paste – 2 tblspn
Red Chilly Powder – 2 tblspn
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblspn
Garam Masala – 1 tblspn
Curry Leaves – 2 stems
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying + 2 tblspn
Water as required
- In a pressure cooker take cleaned chicken pieces, ginger-garlic paste,onions, tomato, chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Splutter mustard seeds and lots of curry leaves. Take the chicken pieces along with the onions and tomato and deep fry till golden brown.
- Put these pieces back to the pressure cooker and mix well.
- Add water and adjust salt if you want a thick gravy.
- Let the masala coat the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes by mixing well. Make sure not to break the pieces.
Serve hot with phulkas or rice.