So how is your summer ? Its pretty hot and humid at my part of the world. Although the house is quiet breezy but it is humid. Resulting in tiredness, headaches, irritation and mood swings. To keep up with the summer it is quiet important to hydrate ourselves.
Anyways, today’s recipe is super simple. In fact why do I even need to blog about it? Because its better to document the number of ways you can keep yourself hydrated by using just what you find in your fridge. Let’s stop being dependent on shops and other means as much possible and carry our own bottle.
So I do pack my tiffin to office and these days the bag is heavier due to buttermilks and juices that I carry. Of course we get juice in canteen but I prefer to make my own, thus having control of what I use and the flavourings.
Today’s post is a simple post on a drink that my little one and myself enjoyed recently. If you have been following me on Instagram you would know that that we made this juice on a particularly hot sunny weekend. Off to the quick and easy recipe.
Oranges – 2
Carrot – 2
Sugar – 3 tblspn (Optional)
Honey – 4 tblspn
Ginger – Less than half an inch
- Take real sweet oranges. Take the pulp out into the juicer.
- Peel and cut carrot. Add these into the juicer.
- Add ginger piece.
- Add sugar/honey.
- Blend it all up and strain.
- Serve it with ice cubes if you like.
Some facts about oranges and carrots:
- Of course we know oranges are excellent source of Vitamin C. They are good if you are on a weight loss diet.
- Carrots are rich source of powerful antioxidants. I know eating carrot just as it is is difficult. Hence juicing it up is a great option.
- Carrots not only help in maintaining a healthy skin but also is excellant for eyes.