Hi. If you are regular on my blog you will know my love for sandwiches. Not the regular tomato- onion sandwich but variations of sandwiches. I keep trying new combos. Today’s sandwich is one such variety sandwich. It was born out of my aim to finish the leftover apples. So off you go straight to the recipe.
Brown Bread/Multigrain Bread – 4 slices
Butter – 2-4 tblspn
Apple – 1 peeled and cubed into small pieces
Jaggery – 4-5 tblspn
Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Cheese – as needed
- In a pan add butter and let it melt on low heat.
- Add jiggery and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add apples and mix well.
- Let it cook for some time. (I didn’t cook it completely since I wanted it to be little crunchy). Let it cool down.
- Butter the slices of bread.
- Place some apple filling on the bread and spread evenly.
- Grate some cheese over it.
- Close with another piece of bread.
- Make the sandwich in sandwich maker. Don’t worry if you don’t have sandwich maker. You could use a grill pan or a tawa too.
- Once nicely brown and crispy remove and cut into pieces and serve.