Hello. You know my love for spaghetti. I have 2 recipes for spaghetti – cheesy spinach and aglio olio. Today I am sharing a veggie spaghetti. I hear lots of parents complain about kids not eating veggies especially carrots, beans, beets. I make lots of dishes in a week that includes these veggies regularly. This is one such recipe.
Its pretty simple too.
Wheat spaghetti – 1 cup
Carrots – 1/4 cup sliced very thinly
French beans – 1/4 cup sliced very thinly
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves sliced thinly
Mixed dried herbs – 1.4 tsp
Salt to taste
Olive Oil – 2 tblspn + 1 tbslpn
- Boil lots of water in a tall pot. Add salt and 1 tblspn olive oil. Add the spaghetti and let it cook till al dente.
- While the spaghetti is getting cooked heat a pan with olive oil.
- Add garlic and saute till light brown.
- Remove the garlic pieces and add carrots and beans.
- Saute for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle 1 tblspn water. Close and cook with close lid for another minute.
- Add black pepper powder, mixed herbs and mix well.
- Now add strained spaghetti and toss well.
- Adjust salt.
- Play around with the recipe using capsicum, baby corn etc.
- Add ketchup in the pan and toss well to add a zing to the recipe.
- Add scrambled eggs to make it more nutritious.