Hello. You know we humans face so many emotions. One such emotion is the emotion to denial. When something changes, we all fall in denial mode. And that’s because we are so much used to being in our comfort zone that our mind refuses to accept any changes. We really need to train our mind to handle the change. For instance a traveler never goes out thinking he/she will have a smooth planned day. There are bound to be unseen circumstances, risks, surprises and sometimes challenges.
There is another kind of denial. Denial for things that you may not have liked earlier. A kid may not like bitter gourd when he/she was a kid but as they grow up they may take a liking towards it. But without trying how will he/she every know ? Hence it is important to test your denials.
Today’s recipe surprised me. We usually try to bring home made food for our lunch and snacks. So my colleague had got this for her evening snack. But she opened it around noon and we all finished it within 5 minutes. I had never tasted this dish before. Also, I don’t like kozhukatta (basic version is made as steamed rice dumplings with coconut+sugar+cardamom stuffing). But this dish was an exception. What stood out with this recipe was the chilly chutney. The chutney is the most basis, flavorsome and simple.
Do try this recipe and let me know how it turned out. Ohh and it is super healthy since it is just steamed.
- Rice Powder – 1 cup
- Cumin/Jeerakam – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
For chilly chutney:
- Chilly powder – 1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 2-3 drops to combine
- Boil 2 cups water.
- In a bowl take rice powder, jeerakam and salt.
- Add hot boiling water little by little on the rice powder and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Continue mixing till it comes together. Remember to add water little by little.
- Once the dough is cool enough to handle use your hands to make a small dough.
- Pull out small balls out of the dough.
- Steam these balls till cooked.
- For the chutney mix together chilly, salt and coconut oil till it comes together.
Serve them both or take them for your evening snack. Remember the chutney is just to add a taste. Do not take a large helping of the chutney or your tongue with burn with the chilly.