Hello. So recently when I was shopping online for my grocery I saw an entry for fresh Strawberries and cherries. I was pleasantly surprised but skeptic if actually the picture shown would be what will be delivered. Anyways I ordered them and was sure it would be cancelled out. You may think why ? In my place you don’t get the juicy, fresh and vibrant strawberries, blueberries, etc.
So when I got beautiful strawberries we made these muffins. By we I mean to say me and my 2 year old. He helped me with the batter mixing and sorting out strawberries. But I wanted a healthy version hence skipped maida and replaced with whole wheat. Do try and let me know if you liked them.
Chopped Strawberries – 1 cup
Whole Wheat flour – 1& 3/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup (add more if you need more sweet)
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup (I used sunflower oil)
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp ( I used cardamom powder)
Egg – 1
- Grease cupcake moulds with oil. If you are using silicone moulds then you can skip this step.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degress celcius.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder in a bowl.
- Add sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add 3/4 chopped strawberries and mix well.
- Add this batter in cupcake moulds. Fill only till 3/4 of the moulds.
- Top with remaining strawberries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or till a skewer or knife inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy these colored beauties. Oh and by the way don’t discard this recipe if you don’t have strawberry. You can make this with chocolate chips too. Also if you love good photos do not forget to follow me on instagram.