Hey There. Its lovely rains in this part of the world. The weather is cooler. The trees are bathing everyday. Washed clothes are begging for some sunlight. So with this weather its time for deep fried goodies. Why don’t a add a healthy twist.
Today’s recipe is just that. Palak wada is your usual wada with the goodness of palak.
Palak – 1 cup chopped
Urad dal – 1 cup soaked minimum 3-4 hours
Green chilly – 1
Shallots – 2-3
Black Pepper – 1 tsp (Optional)
Oil – for deep frying
Salt to taste
- Take chopped palak in blender and blend.
- Add soaked urad dal, shallots, green chilly, salt and blend. Add little water if required. Blend till a smooth batter is formed.
- Add whole black pepper and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Take spoonfuls of batter and drop it in oil. If you can shape it like wadas well and good.
- Fry till both sides turn golden brown.
- Drain on tissue or soaking paper.
Enjoy with a chutney of your choice.