Hello there. Have you ever felt that weekend runs away faster than the week? Well I guess most of you will agree with me. There are chores and chores to be completed during weekend that you hardly realised where did the weekend go? But if you ignore these chores even for a single weekend then it piles on for the next week and also on your mind.
I am that kind of person who needs lots of space. Breathing space, cooking space, thoughts space. I am irritable if there are lots of dishes to be washed and other chores to finish. Hence I need every task to be completed on time. And I am one of those who uses lots of utensils to cook. And understandably a food blogger needs extra space, extra utensils, and extra props right?
So, which kind of person are you?
Today’s recipe is a quick one. Although I am trying to avoid potatoes but sometimes potatoes are a must. As stated in my previous posts, I do not like monotonous dishes and combinations. My dosa always finds a new companion 😉 This time it is this creamy potato curry minus the cream.
Potatoes – 2-3 medium boiled
Green chilly – 2-3
Onion – 1 big
Ginger paste – ½ tsp
Gram flour/ Besan – 2 tblspn
Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tblspn
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves – 4 tblspn
- In a pan heat oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute them till translucent.
- Add green chilly and saute them.
- Add ginger paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Mash the potatoes lightly. You can leave big chunks too if you like.
- In the pan add coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Add ½ cup hot water and mix well.
- In a bowl take gram flour and make a paste with water. It should be thick but flowing consistency.
- Add this gram flour slurry into the potatoes and mix well.
- Saute for 5 minutes on simmer.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with pooris or dosa.