Hey there. So yesterday I celebrated my birthday. Not that it was a grand affair. But I had pre-birthday celebration when my colleagues came home for a baking class. And we baked my birthday cake. Will soon share a recipe of the same.
For today’s post is this quick version of chole masala. I need variety in my food. And dosa is a regular in any south indian home. I like to pair it up with various different options. One such wonderful combination is chole masala.
Kabuli Chana – 1 cup soaked overnight
Onion – 1 big
Tomato – 2 medium
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Chole Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Dry mango powder – 1/4 tsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tblspn
Oil – 2 tblspn
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook chana for 1 whistle and then lower the flame for 15 minutes. ( the cooking time also depends on the quality of the chana)
- In a blender blend together onion and tomato.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add the onion-tomato paste and saute till it starts leaving oil from the sides of the kadai.
- Add coriander, chilly, chana masala, dry mango powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the cooked chana masala and mix well.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes. Add water if required.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Enjoy with dosa or rotis.