Hi. Have you ever wondered about small things that go missing all of a sudden? Like that hair clip or one cute ear ring or favorite handkerchief. Pen/pencil is also lost a lot. Do you ever wonder where do these things go? Isn’t it strange that somethings just mysteriously go missing?
And maybe years later you find your clip far behind sofa. That handkerchief tucked under layers of clothing. Missing ear ring will be found near a window sill. Does that happen to you?
I love jeera aloo and have always wanted to try it. This is a version of Sanjeev Kapoor recipe. I have just tweaked the style of preparation. Do try it. I am sure you will treasure this recipe.
Potatoes – 4 medium boiled and cubed
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds – tblspn
Roasted Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Dry mango powder – ½ tsp
Oil – 4 tblspn
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves for garnish
- In a mortar and pestle add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cumin powder, chilly powder, dry mango powder, salt and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the coarsely grinded mix onto pan and stir on low flame. Careful not to burn it.
- Add cubed potato pieces and mix properly till all the masala is nicely coated on potatoes.
- Leave it for 30 seconds and mix again.
- Take it off flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Enjoy with hot rotis.