Hi. How have you all been? I know I have been away from blogging from a long time now. There are many reasons behind it but nevertheless what more better day to return than on Mother’s day.
My mother is the strongest lady I know. The fact that I am here is because of her love, hard work, dedication and care despite all the odds we have been through. I guess every child would say the same thing for his/her mother and they should.
You know what I have realized. I am doing or saying those very things that my mom used to say to me and I got irritated. I guess its genes. But all the things mom said and everything she did seemed so correct and logical now. She is a real inspiration to me.
Today’s recipe is based on one of the lunch box dishes she made. On busy days she used to make stuffed chapathi with sweet coconut filling. This recipe is twist on the same. It is easy to gulp down in case of sore throat too. It is almost like a dessert. Perfect healthy recipe for kids.
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 tblspn
Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 4 tblspn
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Honey – as required
Salt a pinch
Oil for greasing pan
- In a bowl whisk wheat flour, milk (or water), sugar and salt and make a thick batter.
- In another bowl take grated coconut, cardamom and jaggery and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan.
- Grease it with oil or ghee.
- Pour a small ladle of batter and spread by rotating the pan. It should be thin as crepes.
- Flip over to cook other side.
- Add the coconut stuffing in and fold the crepes.
- Place it on a plate.
- Drizzle over honey or choco syrup.
Happy Mother’s Day.