Hello there. You may be wondering where am I these days. Well I am very much here. But no matter how deeply I want to dedicate time for my blog I am unable to find time between all the chores and duties of the day. So I am like headless chicken running around completing one task after another. Many changes coming in, many discussions happening and many things moving. But cooking can never take a back seat, can it?
So if you are already following me on Instagram then you will know that I am posting delicious pictures of dishes almost on a daily basis.
Today’s recipe is Besan cheela. It is a very famous dish from northern India. It is another and instant version of dosa. Made from gram flour and veggies this is a healthy breakfast or snacking option. Gram flour is a staple grocery item in every household in north India. It is used in so many ways. It is healthy and fills up your stomach.
Besan/kadala Maav – 1 cup
Finely Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/4 cup
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Chilly Powder – 1 tsp (or you can replace with chopped chilly)
Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida powder – a pinch
Coriander leaves – 2 tblspn
Soda – a pinch
Oil for pan frying
Salt to taste
- In a bowl sift in besan.
- Add chopped onions, tomato, coriander leaves, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Pour in water little by little to make a thick dosa like batter.
- Add in soda.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or tawa.
- Grease with some drops of oil.
- Pour a ladle full of the batter and spread lightly.
- Flip when holes start appearing on top.
- Once both sides are cooked remove the cheela on a plate.
Serve hot with chutney. I served it with my amla murabba.
Till next time eat healthy and stay happy.