Hi. You know in my part of the world it is quite hot with a surprise drizzle sometimes. Hence, we try to keep ourselves hydrated and cool. Today’s recipe is a simple salad that I had in evening. There is a famous recipe of watermelon salad with feta cheese. Well I am not even sure we get feta cheese here. Anyways I wanted to have something light, refreshing and yet filling salad. So a little dressing and mix and match ingredients gave this wonderful salad.
Do try and let me know if you liked it.
- Cold Watermelon pieces – 1 cup
- Mint leaves – 4-5
- Lemon Juice – juice of half a lemon
- Honey – 1 tblspn
- Black salt – a pinch
- Puffed rice/ Murmure – 1/4 cup
- Nuts – your choice (I added chopped walnuts)
- Lets start with making the dressing. In a small bowl, add chopped mint leaves.
- Add lemon juice, honey and black salt.
- Whisk it well.
- In a salad bowl, add watermelon pieces.
- Pour the dressing over watermelon pieces and mix well.
- Garnish with puffed rice and nuts.