Holla. Childhood is such a beautiful phase. Everything is so simple. You learn every minute. You surprise every second. In fact you are not scared to ask for appreciation. You forget the scoldings you get after few minutes and start over. You don’t hold a grudge against anyone. You smile at every passerby. You laugh out loud when tossed high in air trusting that the person will hold you and not let you fall. You can throw a tantrum for what you want and not get mad at. So you see, childhood is such a beautiful phase. 🙂
Today’s recipe is a kid’s delight. Not that adults can’t have it. It is a very healthy snack so anyone will love it. Baked french fries with sweet potato.
Sweet Potatoes – 1 cup ( cut thinly in equal sizes – french fries cut)
Mixed dried herbs – 1 tsp (Optional)
Olive oil – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 232 degree Celsius for 5 minutes
- Line a baking tray with parchment sheet.
- In a bowl toss together sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt and mixed dried herbs.
- Spread it on parchment sheet in single layer. Do not overcrowd.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or till the sweet potatoes are soft and cooked and crispy from outside.
- Cool it for 5 minutes before serving with ketchup
PS: Did you know sweet potatoes are sack full of goodness. They have disease preventing, cancer fighting and immune boosting benefits. So go on.Google around for sweet potatoes and know for yourself. Its perfect for kids lunch box or evening tea time hunger.