Hello. Indian food culture is so vast. We not only have variety of main dishes but the sides also are the star of any platter. We excel in achar/ pickle and chutneys. So when I get order to make pineapple upside down cake there is lot of pineapple that is left out. And then I start exploring about what to do with remaining pineapple. This is a simple chutney that can be served with rotis or even idli. Kids will like it since it is sweet,tangy with a little bit spice.
Oil – 2 tblspn
Bay Leaf – 1
Clove – 2-3
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Pineapple pieces – 1 cup
Chilly powder – 1 tbslpn
Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
Mustard – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Curry Leaves – 1 stem
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil and roast bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon.
2. Add chopped onion and saute till transluscent
3. Add chopped pineapple pieces and cook till soft.
4. A little water and cook till soft.
5. Add chilly powder and salt mix well.
6. Let it cool down. Once cooled blend everything coarsely in mixer
7. Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
8. Add asafoestida and curry leaves.
9. Add the chutney in and mix well
Pineapple chutney is ready to be served.