Holla. So what’s new at your end? Well there is something new at my end. I got to meet similar kind of people in a class I had taken on food photography. I know what you are thinking. Yeah I am not master at food photography but I loved sharing my knowledge that I gained in last 8 months. And it was lovely to see women doing all kinds of things – from baking to having a orchid garden to jewelry making to being an entrepreneur. All this along with tons of other work in hand.
So coming to today’s recipe. This is your go to recipe if you have bananas going black and squishy. I shared this cake with some of my neighbors and they loved it to the core.
Recipe Source here
All Purpose Flour / Maida – 2 cups / 240 grams
Sugar – 1 cup / 200 grams
Banana – 1.5 cup mashed
Chocolate Chips – 1 cup (use milk, semi sweet or dark)
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup / 120 ml
Eggs – 2
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C / 350 degree F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with oil and dust it with flour. Coat it on all sides and set aside.
- Sprinkle a tblspn of flour over the chocolate chips and toss well. Set aside.
- Take oil, sugar, eggs, mashed banana and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the baking pan. Smoothen out the top of the batter with spatula. Gently tap the pan to remove any gaps. and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 mins. Insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is done. If it comes out clean then it is done.
- Remove it from oven and cool it in the pan for 15 mins. Now un- mould it and cool it down.