Holla. How are you? Okay. No matter how hard I try I cannot keep up with posting daily recipes for you. There is water shortage in the state and we as a family is not keeping well. Cough and cold is coming on and off. So you see managing is pretty difficult now. But if you are following me in Instagram you will know that I have not stopped cooking and trying out new recipes. Also, I got a oven and I have started baking in oven. 🙂
Reusing resources is a very good habit. Especially in our culture we reuse leftover food too. Today’s recipe is one such re usability. Have you ever wondered what to do with leftover chapathi or rotis. Fresh chapathis and stale chapathis have different tastes. Stale chapathis also is a bit dry so you may not prefer to have it. So now what to do with them. Well follow this recipe and serve it as breakfast or snack.
Leftover chapathi/ Roti – 2-3 (do not take more than one day old chapathi)
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1.5 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee – 1 tblspn
Raisins/ Nuts – Optional
- Take chapathis and chop them into small pieces. You can also tear them using your hands but it won’t be uniform. Hence better to chop them.
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Add the chopped chapathi.
- Saute it for a minute.
- Add chilly powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well. Continue sauteing till the chapathi pieces have crisped up and golden brown.
- Garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.
Serve immediately. Go wild with imagination. Serve it with nutella or pour honey over the top.