Hi. We are in second month of the new year and time is just flying by. Don’t you think ? Have you ever felt that your mind is blank? That there is nothing to say. I am feeling exactly that. I don’t know what to talk about. Maybe it is the weather that is fluctuating my mood.
It is so hot even at 9 AM in the morning. Being in office we don’t realize it much but when we go out or during weekend is when we feel the heat. Today’s recipe has spices but it is not hot. It is the best side dish for Appams. A very simple yet delicious dish full of color and flavors.
Beans – 1/4 cup
Carrot – 1/4 cup
Potato – 1/4 cup
Green Peas – 1/4 cup
Cardamom – 2-3
Cloves – 3-4 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Green Chilly – 2
Onion – 1 big
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblspn
Mustard – 1/4 tsp
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Coconut Oil – 2 tblspn
Curry Leaves – 1 stem
Salt to taste
Boiled eggs (optional)
1.Cut beans, carrots and potatoes into equal sized match sticks.
2. Pressure cook the beans, carrots, potatoes, green peas and onions with a little salt and 2 cups water.
3. In a kadai heat coconut oil.
4. Add in cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and black pepper and saute for 30 sec.
5. Splutter mustard seeds.
6. Add slit green chillies and curry leaves. Saute.
7.Pour in the cooked veggies from the pressure cook and bring it to a boil.
8. Add in coconut milk and stir continously. Do not let it boil.
9. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.Add boiled eggs and serve.
This goes well with all types of appams.