Hello There. Hope you all are in pink of your health. Hoping that you are eating healthy with a little sneak sometimes here and there. 🙂
Confession time. I do not eat salads. Raw onions, raw radish, pepper are not my thing. The onions sprinkled on top of pav bhaji – well I am the person who will remove them. The salad served with tangdi kebab – well I ask others to finish it off. Yep. That’s me. Maximum I can try to eat the cucumber and carrot. That’s it.
So when you say Radish only 2 things pops on my mind – salad or paratha. Salad I hate and paratha I love. But I was in no mood to prepare those. So what else can be done with radish. I tried to prepare a simple side dish. And it was news to me when it didn’t taste like radishy at all. It was perfect for rotis.
So here we go,
Radish – 2 small
Tomato – 1 medium
Cumin – 1 tsp
Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – a pinch
Curry leaves – 1 to 2 stem
Oil – 1 tblspn
Sugar – a pinch (optional)
Lemon Juice – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Wash and grate the radish. ( You can keep the skin on but I removed it).
- In a kadai, heat oil.
- Splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add the grated radish and saute on high flame. Radish will start leaving lots of water.
- After the water content has reduced add turmeric, chilly, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add chopped tomato and mix well.
- Add salt and close and cook on low flame.
- Keep stirring in the between till the tomatoes have softened.
- Add sugar and garam masala and mix well.
- Take it off the flame.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
Serve hot with rotis.
Enjoy your day. Till we meet next time keep smiling.