Holla. How you doing today? Its already Friday. Yipee. TGIF. Remember I got lovely mulberries from my cousin. Well I used it up three ways – Mulberry Jam, Mulberry Smoothie and Mulberry pancake. I wish I could get these beauties everyday. Berries very healthy for you. It is said to consume these fruits everyday.
Kids love pancakes and this is a good way to make them eat fruits. I believe it will also go well with any other type of berries, oranges and even kiwi.
Flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 2tblspn
Baking Powder -2 tsp
Milk – 1cup
Salt – a pinch
Mulberries – 1/4 cup crushed
Butter – 3 tblspn + extra while serving
Egg – 1
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Take a bowl and add egg, sugar, milk and butter and beat till it is slightly fluffy.
- Add in flour, salt and baking powder and mix so no lumps form.
- Mix in crushed mulberries and mix well.
- Heat a tawa/griddle and once hot grease it with butter. (if using non-stick then no need)
- Pour a ladle full of batter on tawa and slightly spread in round form. (If you are unable to spread no worries)
- Cook on medium and when bubbles form on top flip the pancake to cook on other side.
- After a minute remove from griddle and repeat the same process to make more pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with syrup, jam, butter, fruits or honey.
Soft, fluffy and light pancakes are ready to be stacked up.