Hey There. How are you? All set for new year celebrations? As we gear up for the new year do we reflect on ourselves and our achievements in the last year? Well I try to.
I have lots of things to be thankful for. One among them is this food blog. My friends encouraged me to open my blog. And I have 135 posts, 8347 views and 3223 visitors till date. I am humbled by the numbers. I am happy when I see smiles on faces who have loved my food. I am encouraged when people leave a positive note. I am ecstatic when readers have tried my recipe and their kids have relished it. All these wonderful things help me to go on.
Let’s pray that the new year is happy for you all. Let’s pray that we receive wisdom from our troubles. Let’s pray that we become stronger from our difficulties. Let’s pray that we thank our blessings on time.
Today’s recipe is a very simple sabji from very basic ingredients.
Boiled potato – 1 medium
Carrot – 1 medium (chopped finely)
Green Peas Frozen – 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 1 small
Coriander Powder – 1.5 tsp
Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – half a lemon
Oil – 1 tblspn
Salt to taste
- Grate boiled potatoes and keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil.
- Crackle cumin seeds and add onions.
- Saute onions till translucent.
- Add carrots and green peas. Add 1/4 cup water and let the carrot and peas cook.
- Once the carrot and green peas are cooked let the water evaporate. (just keep sauteing without lid till the water disappears.
- Add coriander powder, chilly powder and salt and mix well.
- Add grated potatoes and mix well.
- Take it off the flame and add lemon juice and mix well.
Serve it with rotis or take it off for your lunch box.