Hello. So how is your preparation for Christmas and New Year going on? Christmas time means cake aroma spreads through the house. Couple of weeks back I visited my cousin for lunch. She is wonderful lady who has awesome terrace farming and garden. She gave me a packet full of mulberries.
Did you know berries are very good for you. They are packed with anti-oxidants. They are great sources of fibre and very good to maintain healthy digestive system.
I decided to divide it into three. One of the parts was to make mulberry jam. It is so awesome that you can just lick the jam from the pan itself. Well myself and my son did just that. 🙂
Ripe Mulberries – 1 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup (I don’t like to use too much sugar. You may add if required)
Lemon Juice – 2 tblspn
- Take washed mulberries in a pan with water and sugar and cook it.
- Once cooked, switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Take it in a blender and blend it.
- Pour it back in the pan and switch on the flame.
- Keep mixing it on low flame and till it becomes thick.
- Switch off the flame and pour in the lemon juice and mix well.
- Let it cool down completely. Store it in cleaned air-tight glass jar.
Finger-licking mulberry jam is ready. Use this jam for your toast, pancakes, rotis, etc.