As mums we always struggle to feed something homemade, healthy and delicious for those 4 PM hunger pangs. I believe all mums are great project managers. Mums have to make plans – daily, weekly meal plans. Mums have to make lists and to-do things ( grocery and other household chores). Mums have to consider the risks (what in case the maid does not come, what if the grocery is low). All these makes mums the best project managers.
So it is a good idea to make some snacks over the weekend that serves as great snack for few days. This recipe is inspired from Chef Amrita Raichand. I have made few modifications.
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Flour/ Maida – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Black Sesame – 1/4 tsp
Dry Mixed Herbs – 1/4 tsp
Clarified butter / Ghee – 3 tblspn
Chat Masala – 3 tblspn
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl sift together wheat, maida, baking powder and salt.
- Add sesame, herbs and ghee and rub it with your fingertips to give breadcrumbs like texture.
- Now using little water bring it together in a tight dough.
- Let it rest for 10 -15 minutes.
- Take the dough out and roll it out in 5 cms thickness.
- Take cookie cutter or any shape that you have handy to cut into shapes.
- Drop it in hot oil and fry them.
- In a plate take the chat masala and coat all the fried bites.
Store in air tight container.