Working in office we got used to going to the canteen between 4-5 pm and enjoying snacks with tea and gossip. Its become an unshakable habit that on weekends we miss the 4 o clock snacks. That is the time when I decided to make this healthy snack. Well not very healthy since it is deep fried but still.
Cauliflower is my favorite veggie. There are so variety of dishes that cauliflower perfectly fits into. Well I was done with cauliflower paratha and thoran for the week and yet still had little cauliflower left. That’s when I made this cripsy from outside soft from within pakodas. And it was yumm…..It was finished within minutes. These days it is a bit cold and sometimes drizzling over here. Have this hot yummy pakodas with tea today.
Cauliflower florets – 1 cup
Besan/ Gram flour – 1/2 cup
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
- Boil cauliflower florets in salted water till cooked.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Take besan/ gram flour and rice flour in a bowl.
- Add turmeric, chilly, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add just enough water to make a thick batter.
- Dip the cooked cauliflower florets in the batter and drop in hot oil.
- Fry and drain on kitchen towel.
Enjoy hot with tea. Have a nice evening.