Hello There. Its a new week and new beginnings. I have seen a huge difference in the way people perceive food these days. People are becoming more health conscious. The original recipes are getting a healthy twist. Deep frying is replaced with air frying. White sugar is replaced with brown sugar.
Anyways lets begin this week with this yummy masala oats. Indians cannot do without masala. We need our food to be a little bit spicy and tangy. I don’t buy flavored oats. Instead I make at home. This is one such recipe.So let’s get cooking.
Oats – 1 cup
Onion – 1 small
Tomato – 1 medium
Garlic – 2
Ginger – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 pinch
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 1 pinch
Pepper Powder – a pinch
Oil – 1 tblspn
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Crackle cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add turmeric, chilly and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add sugar and salt and mix well.
- Switch off the flame.
- Take this mixture in blender and puree it.
- Take the pureed mixture and add 1 cup water to it.
- Add the oats and cook.
- Add more water if you like it thin.
- Adjust salt and switch off the flame.
- Sprinkle little pepper powder.
- Serve hot.
Hope you will try and like it. Have a great day ahead.