Hey There. How have you been? Its been a week since I posted any recipe. I have been very busy professionally and personally. However hard I tried to squeeze in time for my blog I just wasn’t able to. Exhaustion also demanded that I put aside my blog for few days.
Anyways here I am back with a yummy sweet treat. This recipe is for vegetarian friends who loves cakes. And this is completely healthy version. Wheat flour, olive oil and carrots. That combination may sound appealing but does it sound yummy. Know for yourself and try this super simple cake. Again this is pressure cooker baking.
Chocolate cake had egg in it which means many people could not have it. Hence, I promised I will soon try complete veg version. And they loved it. The omission of maida was a added bonus. The cake is so moist that it just melts in the mouth.
Recipe Source here
whole wheat flour (I used regular atta) – 2 cups
Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Brown sugar – 2 cups or Normal Sugar – 1.5 cups
Baking soda – 1.5 tsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Plain yogurt – 1 cup
Water – 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup (I used Olive oil)
Grated carrots – 1 cup
- In a bowl mix together wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Take another bowl and whisk curd, water and oil.
- Whisk the wet mix into the dry mix till smooth.
- Fold in the grated carrots.
- If you want cupcakes then pour the batter in greased cupcake moulds till 3/4 and bake for 30 minutes on low-medium flame till done.
- If you want cake then pour the batter in greased cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes on low-medium flame till done.
- Before baking it is necessary to pre-heat the pressure cooker. Just heat the pressure cooker on high for 2-3 minutes.
- If making cup cakes then on the stand place a plate and place your cup cake moulds in. Remove the gasket (black rubber ring and whistle) from the top of pressure cooker and close the pressure cooker. Bake.
- If making cake then on the stand place the cake tin directly. Remove the gasket (black rubber ring and whistle) from the top of pressure cooker and close the pressure cooker. Bake.
- When in doubt check your cupcake/ cake after 15 minutes by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean then your cake is done.
- Do not de -mould until the cake has cooled down.
- Greasing the mould and tin properly is crucial.
Enjoy. Do let me know if you have any comments, feedback or queries.