Do you know why breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day? The name itself gives away the meaning. ‘Break’ + ‘Fast’ means that you are breaking your fast of 8-12 hours. When do you have your dinner? 8 or 9 PM? And then when do you have your breakfast? Again 8 or 9 AM? For such a long duration you are fasting and if you do not have your breakfast at proper time then your body will be forced to use up the reserve/ emergency energy to get you through the day. This results in multiple other issues like gastro problems, eating heavy lunch, headaches, etc.
Hence, I would always suggest you to have your breakfast regularly. This is another yummy and quick breakfast recipe for you. This is a version of lemon rice.
Vermicelli – 1 cup
Lemon – 1/2 a piece
Mustard – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1.5 tsp
Green chilly – 2-3
Curry leaves – 1 stem
Asafoetida powder – a pinch
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
- In a big pot add lots of water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the vermicelli and let it cook.
- Drain the vermicelli and keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add green chilly and saute for 30 secs.
- Add urad dal and saute till golden brown.
- Add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add the drained vermicelli and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve hot.
See how easy it was. And the lemon gives you dose of vitamin C that protects the body against immune system deficiencies. And always a good tiffin box option. Enjoy.