This is a guest post. The recipe source is from a very good friend of mine from school days. She is multi talented and humble person. Growing up I enjoyed her mom’s dishes and I knew she too would be a great cook too. That is the reason I requested her to share her recipe. And wow is the word for her recipe. Super quick in terms of preparation and yummy. Honestly when I read the recipe I thought it is too simple with minimal ingredients. Would it give good flavors? But it turned out to be yumm. I am definitely gonna make this again and again.
She calls this Green Chicken but I liked the sound of Coriander Chicken better. Hence the name.
Do try this recipe if you love to have many chicken dishes up your sleeve.I minutely tweaked this recipe for added flavor otherwise the core recipe remains same.
Chicken – 1/2 kg
Fresh Coriander Leaves – 1 big bunch
Garlic – 7-8
Ginger – 1 inch
Green Chilly – 2-3
Curd/ Yogurt – 1 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Butter – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- In a blender add chopped coriander leaves, cumin, ginger, garlic and green chilly and salt and blend to make a paste. Add little water if required.
- In a bowl take curd and the green paste.
- Mix it well.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Let it marinate well for overnight or 5-6 hours in fridge.
- In a kadai melt butter.
- Add the marinated chicken along with the remaining paste/water and saute on high heat.
- Let it come to a boil.
- Add pepper powder.
- Lower the heat and close the lid and let the chicken cook.
- If using salted butter then adjust the salt consistency.
- You can make this as a chicken curry but dry recipe is more delicious. So after the chicken is cooked let the excess water evaporate.
- You can replace butter with oil but butter gives this dish its unique flavor.
Recipe Source – Payal Patankar
Pictures and the write up – Yeleena Thomas