I often think what to pack as a tiffin. Despite there being so many options when the time comes we all draw a blank isn’t it? So as usual I opened up my fridge and started glancing on all the shelves. Nothing caught my fancy. Then I started staring at the kitchen shelves. I thought one or two options but then discarded it thinking it will consume time in my very busy early morning hours. Immediately, a thought struck me and I realized I hadn’t checked my freezer. And there it was. One packet of frozen green peas. I grabbed it and decided to try the green peas tikki that I read sometime back.
I had paired this tikki with my green mango mint chutney, ketchup and burger buns.
Frozen Green Peas – 1 cup
Besan/ Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Bread Crumbs – 3 tbslpn
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tblspn
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblspn
Green chilly – 2-3
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying
- Cook green peas in little water.
- Strain and take it in a blender.
- Blend green peas along with ginger-garlic paste, chopped coriander leaves, green chilly and salt.
- Take it out of blender and mix gram flour and bread crumbs.
- Make small balls out of the mixture.
- Now take the balls in your palm and flatten it to form tikkis.
- Heat a tawa/ griddle with little oil for shallow frying.
- Place the tikkis and fry them on low heat.
- Fry both sides till golden brown and drain on kitchen towel.
Assemble the tikkis for a burger or have it just like that with chutney of your choice.