We don’t often get prawns but when we do , we celebrate it. This curry is of beautiful tiger prawns that is prepared in rich, creamy and sweet coconut milk. I like this kind of preparation since it is light on your stomach, smooth and creamy.
Hope you will like this recipe and try as a great accompaniment for your hot rice.
Tiger Prawns – 500 gms (Cleaned and de-veined)
Coconut Milk first extract – 1/2 cup
Coconut Milk second and third extract – 1/2 cup
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Black pepper – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tblspn
Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Green chilly – 3-4
Tamarind paste – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Garlic – 7-8
Tomatoes – 2 medium
Onion – 1 medium
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut oil – 1 tblspn
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblspn chopped
Salt to taste
- To prepare Prawns Coconut Curry Recipe, begin by making a paste of fennel, pepper, ginger and garlic by adding a little water.
- Heat a kadai or meenchatty with oil.
- Once hot, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the above paste and saute till the raw smell leaves.
- Add curry leaves, slit green chilli and chopped onions. Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add in tamarind paste.
- Add coriander powder and chilli powder and mix for a minute.
- Add second and third milk extract of coconut.
- Add salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add cleaned and deveined prawns.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add first milk extract of coconut and mix well.
- Do not boil. Once it is heated enough take it off flame and garnish prawns coconut curry recipe with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Prawns Coconut Curry with hot steamed rice.
This recipe was published in Archana’s kitchen.