We all know Oat is the new ‘in’ thing in food these days.People are experimenting with oats recipes and finding new flavors for it to be incorporated in our daily lives. Have you heard of overnight oats. This involves no cooking of oats. Instead oats is soaked in curd overnight for it to cook and sort of ferment. Then it is served in variety of ways using different types of milk, syrups, fruits, etc.
This recipe is very quick to prepare, healthy and fills you up your tummy. This way of cooking oats gives a different texture and taste to the oats. You may ask whether it is cooked. Yes and it is easily digestible. Do try and see if you like the taste.
- Quick Cooking Oats – 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Ripe Mango – 1
- Chia Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Soak half cup oats in half cup water and 1 tbsp curd.
- Mix together chia seeds and honey to this and keep it closed on counter top or refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, add coconut milk and mix well.
- I also added a little mango puree.
- You can use any milk like soy milk, cow’s milk, etc.
- You can refrigerate it if you fear your curd will turn sour.
- You can add chopped nuts and dry fruits of your choice