Hey there. Today’s recipe is an ingredients that is commonly found in Kerala. Especially people who are natives of Kerala but born outside love this ingredient. Commonly known as Tapioca and famously known as Kappa this is found almost everyday in most houses.This is boiled version of kappa and served with coconut-curd chutney. Though most people like to have it with fish curry.
Best thing about this recipe – Not a drop of oil needed
Kappa/ Tapioca – 1/2 kg
Grated Coconut – 1 cup
Sour Curd/Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Green Chilly – 3-4
Shallots – 3-4
Salt to taste
- Peel and cut tapioca in medium size pieces. Wash and keep aside.
- In a deep pan bring lots of water to boil.
- Add the chopped tapioca and let it cook on medium flame.
- Once the tapioca is half cooked add salt.
- Cook according to the consistency you need. I like real soft ones. Some others like solid bite able pieces.
- Once cooked drain.
- For the chutney, take grated coconut, green chilly, shallots and blend to a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to the whisked curd and mix well.
- Add salt according to taste and mix well.
- If you go to restaurants this dish is served in a different way. While boiling turmeric is added.
- A tadka or tempering is also given of mustard seeds, red chilly and curry leaves.
- A garnish can be given with grated coconut.
Enjoy hot tapioca with this simple yet delicious chutney.