How many of you will you agree to me if I say that we end up most of our evenings thinking what to cook for breakfast? No matter how many options we have we still fret over what to cook the next day. Cooking is an art and science that cannot be mindless. It involves extensive planning and research. What flavors work and what not is what makes a dish a success or failure. For some including different vegetables in diet is a challenge.
Beetroot paratha is a healthy option to include beetroot in our diet.
Beetroot – 2 small
Ajwain – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- In a pan add chopped beetroot with ajwain, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and little water to cook. Cook till the beetroot is cooked properly.
- Once cooled, take it in a blender and blend till smooth.
- In a bowl take flour, salt and the above paste. ( Balance the salt since the beetroot also has salt)
- Bring it together and knead to a tight dough. If required use a little water.
- Heat a griddle (tawa).
- Take small balls of the dough and roll it to a thin round roti.
- Place it on hot griddle.
- Once the underside is lightly browned turn it other side.
- Pour a few drops of ghee on the roti and spread it across the roti.
- Flip it over and spread ghee on this side too. Press it on all sides to cook evenly.
Serve this reddish roti with some chilled curd.