This is one of the vegetables that I haven’t heard of during my childhood. In fact I started buying this veggie after my son was born. Have heard a lot about this veggie and how healthy it is. Zucchini has a wide usage in culinary world abroad. But in India it is still being explored. Zucchini is low in calories and has useful amount of folate and potassium. It looks like cucumber and has lots of water content. It has distinct taste but mild flavor.
This recipe is for zucchini fritters. It is super simple and tasty. Try it for yourself. A good alternative to the regular bhajiya or pakoda.
Zucchini – 1
All purpose flour /maida – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Grate zucchini with peel on.
- Place it in a colander for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze as much water as possible from the grated zucchini.
- Take the zucchini and add flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add beaten egg to this mixture and mix well so no lumps are formed.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Once hot, drop spoon full of this mixture into hot oil and fry. Keep the flame on medium so it cooks properly on the inside and does not brown the outside.
- Drain on tissue paper and serve.
It is a good way to include veggies in kids diet. Keep smiling and healthy eating.