Today’s recipe is aromatic chicken dry recipe. You should always have many varieties of dish in hand to avoid boredom. This is one such dish. It is super aromatic and yummy. The masalas coating the chicken pieces gives a nice spicy flavor that pops in your mouth. A perfect side dish for hot rotis or rice.
Chicken pieces – 450 gms
Onion – 1 big
Tomato – 1 big
Mint Leaves – 5-6 stems
Coriander leaves – 5-6 stems
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 3 big cloves
Coriander Powder – 1.5 tblspn
Chilli Powder – 1 tblspn
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1.5 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 0.5 tsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 stem
Mustard – 1 tsp
Oil- 2 tblspn
Salt as required
- In a blender, blend mint leaves, coriander leaves, onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, pepper powder, turmeric powder, salt and fennel seeds into a fine paste. Add little water if required.
- In a plate take cleaned chicken pieces and add the above paste and coat all the pieces well.
- Close and place it in fridge for at least half an hour to marinate.
- After half an hour, heat a kadai with some oil.
- Once oil is hot, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and then marinated chicken pieces.
- Sauté on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the flame and close with a lid.
- Keep checking on the chicken at regular intervals and stir.
- The chicken will be cooked in 10-15 minutes.
- If there is more gravy, cook it out without lid. Mix well so the masalas coat the chicken well.
Enjoy hot with phulkas or rice.