There are some days when we load ourselves with pizza and fried chicken. And after that people like me want to go the healthy way. I feel there is no harm in having junk food once in a while. It is equally important to load ourselves with healthy alternatives.
This is also known as dalia. As a kid I used to see my mom have this as porridge whenever she was hospitalized. It has the bad name of being the patient food or sick people’s food. Similar was the case few years back with oats. But culinary world is seeing a revolution these days. People are inclining towards healthier options.
This recipe is one such post. It has veggies like broccoli and baby corn coupled with broken wheat. Please try it for yourself and see if you can include this once in a while in your diet due to its goodness.
Broken Wheat/Dalia – 1/2 cup
Broccoli florets – 4-5
Baby Corn – 3-4
Cloves – 2-3
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Bay Leaf -1 small piece
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Fennel/Fennel powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 3-4 stems
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 small choped
Oil – 2 tblspn
Salt- as per taste
- Take cooker and add oil.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, fennel and bay leaves.
- Splutter mustard.
- Add chopped onions.
- Add chopped veggies.
- Saute for few minutes till onions are translucent.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder and chilly powder and mix well.
- Add water, washed dalia and salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Once the steam has settled open the lid and add chopped coriander leaves and grated cheese.
Serve it warm with ketchup.
- You can add as many veggies as you like.
- If there is excess water in cooker then keep the cooker open and cook till water evaporates.
- You can avoid pressure cooking. Add the broken wheat in hot water and keep for sometime. Then once the veggie are cooked just toss the broken wheat around.