India is famous for its snack items especially chat items. And the thing that makes the chats click is the chutney that goes in it. Be it samosa or kachori or bhel puri or pani puri or dahi wada….and the list goes on. You get my point…my aim is to tempt you to make this sumptuous chutney which is not only healthy because it includes dates but also finger licking good.
I go weak on my knees for this chutney. It is sweet, spicy and tangy. You can have it with the above mentioned items or just spread it over your roti or bread or enjoy it with your pakodas.
Dates – 8-10
Jaggery – 1 cup
Tamarind – 1/2 cup
Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tblspn
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Chilly Powder – 1/2 tblspn
- Take a pan and add chopped dates, jaggery, roasted cumin powder, chilly powder, tamarind and cardamom powder with a little water.
- Let it boil and cook the dates.
- Once the dates are cooked bring it off flame and cool it.
- In a blender, blend the whole thing.
You will get a luscious dates chutney, gorgeous colored dates chutney. Store it in air tight container in fridge.
- You can also add dry ginger powder and amchur powder if you like.
- Increase or decrease the spiciness based on your taste.
- Since dates are already sweet increase or decrease the jaggery based on the type of dates you choose and your taste.