Gobhi or Cauliflower is another wonderful vegetable. And good thing is you have so many wonderful recipes using it. Another wonderful news is most people love the vegetable. So it makes life easier right.
I always feel that I have the advantage of choosing what I eat as well as feed my family. Because I am a malayalee born and brought up in north India I can prepare a variety of food. So I grew up with idli/dosa/appam as well as parathas/upma/poha.
I stayed in Pune for few months and I recall going to a restaurant which specializes in parathas. Their menu comprises of whole lot of parathas. On weekends we used to stand in queue just to get a table and enjoy their yummy parathas.
You have to be generous with parathas. Be it butter or ghee, less is not more.More adds to the yummy quotient of the parathas. But if you are weight watcher then you can easily replace butter/ghee with oil.
These parathas I made minus onion or green chillies as it is a quick version. You can add onions, saute and
Gobhi/Cauliflower – 10 florets
Amchur/Raw Mango Powder – 1 tsp
Chilly Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin/Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
Fennel/ Saunf Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces.
- In a pan, add the cauliflower and the spices.
- Add salt, a little water and cook the cauliflower.
- Once cooked remove from flame.(If there is excess water cook it without lid for another minute till water evaporates)
- Mash the cauliflower finely.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Water – As required
Salt- As per taste
- Take salt in wheat flour and sprinkle little water.
- Rub around the flour and start kneading.
- Knead to tight dough and keep it aside closed for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll it to a small ball.’
- Flatten it in your hand and add finely mashed cauliflower stuffing.
- Bring together the sides of the dough to close the stuffing and pinch it.
- Lightly roll it into a ball between your hands.
- Start rolling out the dough in a board with the help of rolling pin.
- Heat a griddle and add the rolled paratha when hot.
- After a minute turn the paratha to cook the other side.
- Spread a teaspoon of ghee on the paratha and turn over.
- Spread a teaspoon of ghee on this side of the paratha and press the paratha for it to turn crispy.
Serve will curd and mango pickle.