Hi There. How are you doing? I am sure at some point in life you may find yourself short of ideas for breakfast or you are just bored with the usual idli-dosa-appam. I am such a person.
So one fine evening as I was leaving office I accidentally blabbered with colleague/good friend regarding my breakfast boredom and she suggested why not try ada dosa. I said I am also not in the mood for elaborate process or cooking or time. She said – great then definitely try ada dosa. It does not need fermenting time. Just soak, grind and cook.
So I immediately tried this dosa with chicken curry and coconut chutney. Came out well.
Raw Rice – 1 cup
Toor Dal/Pigeon peas – 1/2 cup
Urad Dal/Black gram skinned – 1/4 cup
Salt – as per taste
- Soak rice, toor dal and urad dal separately in water for about 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Grind rice smoothly and transfer it to a bowl (Use little water).
- Grind Urad and toor dal smoothly and add it to the rice batter.
- Add salt and mix properly.
- Heat a griddle(tawa). Grease it will oil.
- When hot pour a ladle full of batter on the griddle and spread in circular motion.
- Once you see the top with holes turn over the dosa to be cooked on other side.
- Once cooked serve hot with chicken curry and/or chutney and/or sambhar.
- You can add chopped shallots, green chillies, tomatoes to your batter.