Since I saw the pancakes on TV I so much wanted to make it at home. I always thought these will be very difficult to prepare. But it turned out to be super simple and quick. Thanks to Arthi from Yummy Tummy for the instructions. The only problem I faced with was what to serve it with. In TV they show serving it with maple syrup or honey. I tried it with honey and neither my son nor I liked it. So the maple syrup I don’t want to buy whole bottle without even trying it first. After much thought I served it with apple jam I had prepared few days back and butter. It became an instant hit. My son loved. My colleagues loved it. I loved it.
This recipe is flour/maida. I will soon share a whole wheat one. So here goes the recipe. Do try it out yourself.
Flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 2tblspn
Baking Powder -2 tsp
Milk – 1cup
Salt – a pinch
Butter – 3 tblspn + extra while serving
Egg – 1
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Take a bowl and add egg, sugar, milk and butter and beat till it is slightly fluffy.
- Add in flour, salt and baking powder and mix so no lumps form.
- Heat a tawa/griddle and once hot grease it with butter. (if using non-stick then no need)
- Pour a ladle full of batter on tawa and slightly spread in round form. (If you are unable to spread no worries)
- Cook on medium and when bubbles form on top flip the pancake to cook on other side.
- After a minute remove from griddle and repeat the same process to make more pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with syrup, jam, butter, fruits or honey.
Soft, fluffy and light pancakes are ready to be stacked up. 🙂 Coming up – Apple Jam. Watch out this space.