It is summer season and everyone is craving for something cold. Something to keep them cool. One such afternoon I was craving for some ice cream but was lazy to go out and purchase the ice cream or the ingredients for it. I had recently bought these ice cream moulds and wanted to inaugurate it.
I had also purchased chia seeds (sabja) being the new super food after reading a lot about it. Chia seeds is the one used in falooda. So you see I was in the mind-set to have to have either ice-cream or falooda.
So my laziness got me thinking and these ice lollies were born. It is so simple and quick and hardly takes any effort. I made 2 varieties for the weekend. Let me go through it.
- Tang Instant drink mix – 2 heaped tablespoon
- Haldiram Khus Sharbat – 2 heaped tablespoon
- Sugar – As per taste
- Water – 1 glass each
- Chia Seeds – 2 tablespoon
- Soak chia seeds in little water for 5-10 minutes.
- Take 2 glasses with water.
- Prepare the sharbat and tang drink as you normally would do. Add sugar according to your taste. The sugar should be a little higher than what you normally like for it to taste good in ice lollies.
- Add the chia seeds equally in both the glasses.
- Stir properly.
- Add the contents of the glasses in ice cream moulds. Close the lid and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. If you have moulds like I do then after the ice has partially set add in the ice cream stick and re-refrigerate.
- Take out the moulds and run them over running water to de-mould the ice-lollies.
Enjoy this quick and easy ice lollies and satisfy your craving.
Note: This is not a sponsored post.