I like to include different variety of food for my son’s tiffin. And in the wee hours of the morning schedule it is difficult to decide what to prepare and how to prepare it so it is yummy and nutritious. Sweet potato is the new super food. During my childhood my parents used to roast this tuber on open fire or boil it and give us for evening snack instead of Maggie or other fried bakery items.
Hence I too try to incorporate this superfood in my son’s diet. This recipe is super simple and mildly spiced considering my son’s palate. It excludes onion and other ingredients that is involved in normal parathas.
Here goes the recipe,
Sweet Potato – 1 big
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp
Dry Mango Powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
Fennel Powder – ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Salt – As per taste
- Peel and chop sweet potato in small cubes.
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in kadai.
- Once hot add the sweet potato and saute on high heat for a minute.
- Add ½ tablespoon water and salt and close the lid. Keep flame on minimum.
- Cook till the sweet potatoes are cooked through and soft.
- Add all the masalas and coat the sweet potatoes. Saute for few minutes before turning the flame off.
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Water – As required
Salt- As per taste
- Take salt in wheat flour and sprinkle little water.
- Rub around the flour and start kneading.
- Knead to tight dough and keep it aside closed for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll it to a small ball.’
- Flatten it in your hand and add finely mashed sweet potato.
- Bring together the sides of the dough to close the stuffing and pinch it.
- Lightly roll it into a ball between your hands.
- Start rolling out the dough in a board with the help of rolling pin.
- Heat a griddle and add the rolled paratha when hot.
- After a minute turn the paratha to cook the other side.
- Spread a teaspoon of ghee on the paratha and turn over.
- Spread a teaspoon of ghee on this side of the paratha and press the paratha for it to turn crispy.
All done. Do try it out with different accompaniments like pickle, yogurt, ketchup, tomato or dates chutney.