I send tiffin boxes for my son’s day care. And I like to involve variety of nutritious and tasty bites for him. But the challenge is also to prepare everything in limited amount of time. Paniyaram pan is a revolution. You can make so many different dishes with it. It has become one of my prized possessions.
My son used to have apple sauce. But after a stage he just stopped having it. So I found this wonderful recipe which is healthy, quick and tasty. If you have a paniyaram pan then this dish is a must try.
Here it goes,
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Grated Apple – 1 cup
Sugar – 4 tblspn
Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
Buttermilk – ½ cup
Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Take a bowl and whisk together all the items except oil. The batter should not be thin but pasty. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat paniyaram pan. Add a drop of oil in each hole of the paniyaram pan.
- Spoon the apple-wheat paste in the holes of paniyaram pan. Keep the pan on low flame.
- After few minutes with the help of spoon or fork flip the paniyaram to cook on the other side.
- After few minutes take the paniyarams out. Both sides would be golden brown.
- To check if the paniyarams are cooked throughout insert a clean toothpick or knife. If they come out clean then the paniyarams are cooked.